General Information and Terms & Conditions
YOUR GUIDED TOUR BOOKING
Travel is personal and each individual’s wishes and experience may differ, Ritz Tours will not be bound by, or liable for any description photograph, representation or warranty made by or provided by any third party sales representative, Travel Agent, or any other person or entity relating to any guided tour offered by Ritz Tours.
Safety and security is a significant concern to all of us and the global situation is subject to constant change. Events around the world, combined with the “Travel Advisories” issued by various governments, may in some circumstances necessitate changes to the accommodations itineraries or even trip cancellation. You must accept the risks involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties, and accept responsibility for your own travel decisions.
Reservation and Cancellation
- Deposit: A deposit of $300 per person is required at the time of booking of the reservation. Reservation will automatically be cancelled if your deposit is not received by Ritz Tours within 7 days after booking of the reservation.
- Final Payment:
- a) Land Only Package: The final balance of the price must be paid at least 60 days prior to the departure date. If you book less than 60 days prior to the departure date, the final payment will be due upon booking. Ritz Tours has the right to cancel your booking and retain any deposit if the balance is not paid by the due date.
- b) Land & Air Package: The balance of the price must be paid at least 60 days prior to the departure date. Ritz Tours may require earlier payment of the airfare portion of your tour. If you book less than 60 days prior to the departure date, the final payment is due upon booking. If the balance is not paid by the due date, then Ritz Tours has the right to cancel your booking and retain any deposit, cancel any airfare from your Land & Air Package, and change your reservation to a Land Only Package. You will be charged a late payment fee of $50 per person for each late payment we receive.
- Cancellation: If you cancel your booking, a per person fee will be charged according to the date Ritz Tours receives and acknowledges your cancellation as follows:
- A. US $100 120 or more days prior to departure date
- B. US $200 60-119 days prior to departure date
- C. US $300 30-59 days prior to departure date
- D. US $500 15-29 days prior to departure date
- E. US $1000 3-14 days prior to departure date
- F. 100% of Tour Fare Within 48 hours prior to departure including no show on the day of departure
- Cancellation Notice: Written notice of cancellation must be received by Ritz Tours either by personal delivery, mail, fax, or e-mail. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us and acknowledged.
- Third-party Suppliers' Penalties and Charges: In addition to the above stated cancellation charges, if tickets or vouchers for airlines, hotels, cruises, trains or any relevant third-party suppliers have already been issued or confirmation of service has been received at the time of cancellation (regardless of number of days prior to departure), the traveler will be wholly liable for any additional airline, hotel, cruise line, train or other relevant third-party supplier’s cancellation penalties and service charges pursuant to suppliers’ rules and regulations.
- Single Room Supplement Charge: In the event of cancellation by your travel companion or roommate, you will be responsible for the additional resultant single room supplement charge.
- Airline Tickets: Ritz Tours reserves the right to issue airline tickets immediately upon receipt of your tour deposit.
- Certain Arrangements: Please be aware that certain arrangements with third-party suppliers cannot be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration may incur a cancellation charge to you of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
TOUR FARE INCLUDES : (All prices are in U.S. dollars on per person basis)
- Air Transportation:
- A. Land Only Packages
Travelers that purchase Land Only Packages are responsible for ALL their air segments (unless otherwise specified). Please review the tour itinerary and features carefully, paying special attention to the dates, time, and cities of arrival and departure, and plan your own air itinerary accordingly.
- Special airfares from your hometown are available with the purchase of our tour series. Please check our website for up-to-date offers. Offered airfare prices are good only with the concurrent purchase of our tour series. A 60-day advance purchase is required at the offered prices.
- Land Only Package travelers are responsible for arrival airport transfer (to hotel) and departure airport transfer (from hotel).
- Hotel check-in time is 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Hotel check-out time is 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Hotel check-in and check-out times vary from hotel to hotel
- B. Land & Air Packages
For travelers who elect to purchase an Air Package along with the Land Package, a round-trip international economy class air ticket from the gateway city and all intra-tour air tickets (if applicable) are included with the tour as per itinerary (except city packages). Gateway cities are specified in itinerary.
- For departure gateway cities other than specified, please consult your travel agent or Ritz Tours regarding the U.S. domestic add-on airfare.
- Air carrier and routing are at the sole discretion of Ritz Tours. Travelers who elect to purchase their own U.S. domestic add-on air tickets to the gateway city do so at their own risk. Ritz Tours reserves the right to book all flights at the lowest available fare and also reserve the right to change all airlines used without prior notice.
- All government taxes / fees and fuel surcharges associated with airline tickets are included in the advertised airfare and subject to change at any time during the year. Amounts listed in the brochure are as of the date of printing the brochure. For the most up-to-date prices please check our website.
- Advertised airfare does not include any seat assignment fee. To request an advanced seat assignment, travelers are advised to contact the airline and arrange payment (if any) directly with the airline.
- Hotel Accommodations:
- Hotel accommodations are based on two adults sharing one twin bedded room. Some hotels may have a maximum room occupancy limit. Triple rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and are on request only.
- A customer occupying a single room is required to pay a single supplement fee. Single rooms are subject to availability at time of booking.
- When the hotel listed in the brochure or website is unavailable, a similar category hotel will be substituted without prior notice.
- Meals: Meals will be provided in hotels, local restaurants, or on the cruise ship as specified in the itinerary. Drinks are not included.
- Itinerary variations: Ritz Tours strives to offer all sightseeing excursions specified in the itinerary, however all final arrangements will be determined by the local tour escort or tour manager. In rare circumstances
which may be beyond our control, such as weather conditions, acts of God or other hazardous conditions, we may be forced to vary itineraries or substitute sightseeing excursions. Where possible we will endeavour to notify you or your travel agent of any changes.
- Admissions / Entrance Fees: All necessary main entrance fees for the sightseeing excursions will be included as specified in the itinerary.
- Tour Manager: The service of a professional tour manager is included as specified in the itinerary (Except: RAA, RAY, RGI, RAK, RSF), however all city packages, independent packages, extensions, and some destinations will be locally hosted.
Tour Fare Does Not Include:
- Round-trip airfare from your hometown (for Land Only Packages) or round-trip airfare from your hometown to the gateway city (for Land & Air Packages); meals not mentioned in the itinerary; insurance premiums; charges arising from deviations; any expenses due to delay or changes of schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God, acts of terrorism, force majeure, acts of government’s civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or for any other cause beyond Ritz Tours’ control; any personal charges including but not limited to passport and visa fees, any baggage charges, phone bills, postage, laundry, drinks and beverages; any airline’s imposed ancillary charges that may change from time to time if any, and may be without prior notice, including but not limited to hand luggage fee, check-in luggage fee, seating assignment fee, Wi-Fi charge, in-flight meals and entertainment expenses.
- Unused Tour Features: Any unused tour features either on air transportation or for land arrangements are strictly non refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
- Tour Price Guarantee: All prices in our brochure and website are quoted in U.S. dollars and are based on rates and costs in effect at the time of printing the brochure or posting on the website. Your tour price is guaranteed once we have received your full payment. Prior to full payment, it is important to note that there may be price changes due to fluctuations in any of the cost factors, such as exchange rate and government imposed surcharges that you will be responsible for. For the most up-to-date prices please check our website.
- Departure Guarantee: Departures are guaranteed with a minimum number of passengers as specified in the itinerary. Should the total number of passengers fall below 10 persons for China tours or 15 persons for tour REF, RED, RSP,we reserve the right to cancel the tour, change the hotels, or change to locally hosted facilities.
- Guided Tour Participation: Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, who will be responsible for their welfare and supervision. Ritz Tours strives to offer a safe, enjoyable and unforgettable travel experience for all our guests. Ritz Tours welcomes guests with special needs and disabilities. Please note the following:
- Guests must advise Ritz Tours prior to departure of any physical medical or other special needs that require accommodating. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs, but you must notify us at the time of booking for a determination of what assistance we can reasonably provide.
- Guests must ensure they are physically and medically able to travel; the majority of our tours incorporate active elements such as walking to and from buses and vessels, walking long distances, and sightseeing; you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the level of activity that will be involved in your guided tour. Please consult your physician regarding your medical condition and ability to travel long distances.
- Ritz Tours may impose safety requirements. We reserve the absolute right to decline acceptance of anyone we feel is physically or medically unfit to travel. Further we reserve the right to remove you from the guided tour, at your own expense, if your medical or physical condition is such that it poses a threat to the health or safety of you or others, or is otherwise likely to negatively impact the comfort and enjoyment of other guests.
- Ritz Tours, its agents, employees and suppliers do not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids and walking sticks), or services of a personal nature (such as physically lifting or assisting you on to, or off any vehicles, assisting with eating or dressing). If you require additional assistance of a personal nature you must be accompanied by a companion who will be responsible for independently providing the required assistance.
- Conduct During The Tour: You are responsible for following the directions of the Tour Guide and the laws of the countries visited while on Tour. Ritz Tours reserves the right to decline to accept, or retain any person as tour participant, should such person’s health, mental condition, physical infirmity or general deportment impede the operation of the tour or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other tour participants.
Should you decide for any reason not to participate in certain parts of the Tour or use certain goods included in the Tour, no refunds will be made for those unused parts of the Tour or goods. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any costs, damages, losses or liabilities arising out of (a) the actions or omissions of any minors traveling with you and (b) if you are signing on behalf of yourself and your traveling companions, your companions’ claims that you were not authorized to agree to this Participant Agreement on their behalf.
- Baggage: Ritz Tours assume no liability for loss, delay and/or damage to baggage in transit to or from a Tour or while on Tour. All baggage and personal effects are, at all times and in all circumstances, at the risk of the guided tour participant. Ritz Tours recommend that guests obtain baggage insurance. Baggage allowance varies by airline and is subject to change at any time; for up-to-date baggage allowance restrictions please check with the airline for the latest baggage policies prior to departure. Please note that some airlines may impose additional charges for check-in baggage, hand baggage or excess baggage.
Baggage allowance on overseas internal flights may vary from baggage allowance on international flights. Please be advised that you are responsible for paying for any checked baggage, hand baggage and/or excess baggage charges. Please ask us if you would like a list of your confirmed carriers for overseas internal flights prior to departure in order to check baggage restrictions. Every passenger is limited to one suitcase and one carry-on bag while on Tour. Additional charges will apply for excess luggage.
- Deviation Charge: Any deviation to your itinerary (early departure or late return) is subject to availability. In addition to any airline(s), hotel(s), relevant supplier’s or transfer surcharge(s), you will be charged a fee of
US$100 per person for any deviation from the tour.
- Change Fee: One change to your itinerary is allowed free of charge after your reservation is confirmed, subject to availability. $50 will be charged per person for each subsequent change. Once documents and/or tickets have been issued, changes are not permitted.
- Travel Documents / E-Tickets: In general, all travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days prior to departure via 2nd day priority. Overnight delivery can be arranged at an additional cost. If we obtained an entry visa for you, the passport will be sent with the travel documents.
- Passport: All customers’ passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the return date of your trip. Please consult your travel agent or Ritz Tours if you have a non-US passport.
- Entry Visa: We assume you hold a valid US passport.
- No entry visa is required for U.S. passport tourists entering:
- Japan, Singapore: For a stay of up to 90 days;
- Hong Kong: For a stay of up to 180 days.
- Schengen Member Countries: For a stay of up to 90 days from the date of entry (for a full list of countries please visit http://ec.europa.eu).
- South Africa: For a stay of up to 90 days. At least two blank visa pages in passport for entry stamps are required. (http://www.southafrica-newyork.net).
- Thailand: For a stay of up to 30 days.
- United Arab Emirates: Travelers may obtain an entry visa at the port of entry for no fee and valid for stay of up to 30 days.
- An entry visa is required for U.S. passport tourists entering:
- Cambodia: Cambodia offers online visa processing at http://evisa.gov.kh/. You may also apply in person at the Cambodian Embassy located at Washington DC, or upon arrival at the airports in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and at all major border crossings. For visa information, visit www.embassyofcambodia.org/.
- China: We have partnered with Visa Central to offer a fast and easy way to obtain a visa for your vacation. Please visit https://visacentral.com/ritz and select your tour to obtain a visa for your upcoming trip.
- India: Apply directly with the appropriate embassy prior to arrival. Indian visa regulations change frequently. Check the web site of Indian Government’s Ministry of Home Affairs at http://www.mha.nic.in.
- Kenya: All visitors must obtain visas by using an online system at https:// immigration.ecitizen.go.ke. For more e-Visa information, you may visit www. kenyaembassy.com.
- Myanmar: For eVisa information and application, you may visit www.evisa. moip.gov.mm/ or www.mewashingtondc.com/.
- Russia: It’s recommended that the U.S. citizens apply for a 3-year multipleentry tourist visa. For visa information, visit: http://www.russianembassy.org/ page/tourist-visa)
- Vietnam: For visa information, you may visit http://vietnamconsulate-sf.org.
• Visa fees are non-refundable and are subject to change at any time.
• It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain proper visas in a timely manner. For non-U.S. passport holders, please consult your travel agent or Ritz Tours at least 2 months prior to your departure date
• Ritz Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa.
• Visa requirements may change at any time. Please check with the Embassy or Consulate of the country which you will be traveling to.
- Late Booking: Bookings made less than 60 days prior to the departure are subject to availability and a surcharge of $50 per person. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Charge for Children: For children 11 years old and under at time of travel
- International Airfare: 90% or same as the regular adult airfare
- Land Only Package Price: If the child shares the same room with two adults and does not require an extra bed, the cost is 80% of the regular adult price. If the child shares the same room with one adult, or with two adults but requires an extra bed, the cost is 90% (China & Beyond series), or 100% (Europe & Beyond series) of the regular adult price. Exception: RKN, RKC, RKB, RKR (Please call Ritz Tours for special child fare policy).
- Children 12 years old and older at time of travel will be charged the regular adult price.
- Shopping: Ritz Tours’ tour managers and representatives are happy to assist you with any shopping requirements while on tour. Ritz Tours does not take any responsibility for any items purchased at shops on the tour. You are strongly advised to observe U.S. customs restrictions when bringing home any goods from tour (for more information please visit www.cbp.gov).
- Errors and Omissions: Although Ritz Tours makes a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, we are not responsible for any typographical or printing errors, omissions or unintentional misrepresentations made in this brochure or on the website.