COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
(Updated December 2022)
TRAVEL AND IMMIGRATION RESTRICTIONS
Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to check all relevant travel advisories to and from the countries they are visiting and transiting through. Always check travel restrictions for each part of your trip; this includes layovers for connecting flights, as well as entry requirements for your return back to the US. Please note that the information provided in this addendum is based on the time of print/publication and a country’s requirements can change at any time. It is the responsibility of the traveler to check all updates and obtain all necessary documents and tests prior to departure, as well as entry back into the US. Ritz Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason in any country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Non U.S Passport holders - please check with your local embassy or consulate for detailed visa and travel document/entry requirements. If you need clarification on whether you may enter Japan, contact the closest Japanese Embassy or consulate, as well as your airline prior to travel.
All travelers to Japan departing on or after December 01, 2022 must ensure they are eligible to enter Japan and produce all required entry documentation for this vacation. Requirements and restrictions may depend on different factors including but not limited to: your country of residence, passport nationality, transit points, as well as previous travel history. The below requirements will take effect for all Japan packages departing on or after December 01, 2022 and are subject to change at any time.
PRE-ARRIVAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
All travelers must have the following documents for entering Japan
1. Mandatory Quarantine Questionnaire: Health Declaration Forms: All travelers must fill out and submit a Quarantine Questionnaire form and present the QR code on arrival. The form is per individual. Please click here for more deals about the form.
2. Verification of Full Vaccination: Travelers are considered fully vaccinated after receiving 3 doses (as for the Janssen vaccine and CONVIDECIA/CanSino, only in the case of primary series, 1 dose is considered equivalent to 2) of a WHO EUL emergency approved vaccine. Mix-and-match vaccines are also considered valid. The following items on a vaccination certificate, such as name, date of birth, the vaccine name, date of vaccination, and the number of doses administered, must be listed in Japanese or English. The COVID-19 vaccination certificate must be issued by an official body such as the government of any of the countries approved. Travelers should have a third dose (booster dose) of the following vaccines to be considered fully vaccinated: Comirnaty/Pfizer, Spikevax/Moderna, Nuvaxovid/Novavax, Vaxzevria/AstraZeneca, Covishield, JCOVDEN/Janssen, COVAXIN /Bharat Biotech, Covovax, Covilo BBIBP-CorV Inactivated COVID-19 Vaccine (Vero Cell)/Sinopharm, CoronaVac COVID-19 Vaccine (Vero Cell)/Sinovac, and CONVIDECIA/CanSino. Please see the source for more details regarding vaccination certificates accepted in Japan.
This vaccination requirement doesn’t apply to Travelers under the age of 18 who are accompanied by a fully-vaccinated parent (who has received their booster shot) who supervises their activities.
3. Covid-19 Testing (PCR and/or Serology): Proof of a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result is required for vaccinated travelers without boosters and unvaccinated travelers. The PCR test must be taken within 72 hours before departure. The test results must have a name, date of birth, a testing method for COVID-19, sample, specimen collection date and time, test result, name of the medical institution, and date of issue. Travelers are required to fill out the Covid-19 Certificate upon receiving a negative PCR test result. Please click here for more information.
4. Recommended Visit Japan Web Application: Travelers are recommended to register via email on the Visit Japan Web before arriving in Japan. Travelers must obtain QR codes and present each QR code at immigration and customs on arrival.
See more details - here and complete online
5. Mask Requirement: Travelers are required to wear masks in most public places and indoor spaces. This requirement doesn’t apply to travelers under the age of 6. All travelers are responsible to bring their own mask.
ARRIVALS - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (JAPAN)
● Upon arrival in Japan, travelers may need to go through a temperature measurement chamber.
● In the event a guest receives a positive PCR result, the guest may need to quarantine.
● Any unused tour feature either on air transportation or for land arrangements including but not limited to optional excursions/tours/meals, hotel accommodations and upgrades are non-refundable, non-transferable, or exchangeable. Travelers will be responsible for any expenses incurred (i.e - flight expenses, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals, sundry expenses and more).
● Travelers are recommended to wear masks in public places where social distancing is not possible. This mask requirement doesn’t apply to travelers under the age of 6.
BEFORE TRAVELING BACK TO THE UNITED STATES:
● Effective Sunday June 12, 2022 - Travelers are no longer required to present a negative viral COVID-19 test result for the flight to the United States. Please see CDC’s FAQ for answers to questions about the requirements for all air passengers arriving in the United States. *Important note: If you are unable to board your scheduled return flight to the U.S. for any reason, you will be responsible for any expenses you may incur (ie. flight expenses, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals, sundry expenses and more). Please note, Ritz Tours cannot be held responsible if you cannot return as scheduled and will not be responsible for any related expenses.
“As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.” - CDC
We’d like to remind all guests to check their local state travel guidelines regarding travel restrictions when arriving from international destinations or other US States, as this may vary state by state.
US State Department
CDC Travel Resources
U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Japan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
FAQs on Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing for International Travel
Covid-19 Country Specific Information
JAPAN EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER
00 81 0 9079 615144
U.S. Embassy Tokyo
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 107-8420 Japan
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: 81-3-3224-5000
U.S. Consulate General Osaka-Kobe
2-11-5, Nishitenma, Kita-ku,
Osaka 530-8543, Japan
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: 81-3-3224-5000
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO JAPAN
(Updated November 2022)
PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
As you prepare to embark on your upcoming Ritz Tours journey, please log on to your Ritz Tours account and click on your trip confirmation ID to review the most up to date trip details including hotel information, flight schedules, and ticket number(s). Please make sure you have all travel documents, passports, and necessary visas ready before you depart for your trip.
*Additional travel documents, PCR tests, proof of full vaccination and other items may be required due to Covid-19. It is the responsibility of the traveler to check relevant travel advisories, requirements and/or restrictions for each part of the trip; this includes airline specific policies, layovers for all connecting flights, entry requirements to Bali and entry requirements for your return back to the US; travelers must obtain all required documents, tests and vaccinations prior to departure. Ritz Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason in any country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa.
CHECKING IN AT THE AIRPORT
Be sure to bring your passport as you will need to present it when checking in at the airport. Please be advised that not all airlines assign seats in advance. Some airlines assign seats at the airport during check-in. We recommend all travelers arrive at the airport and check-in at the airline counter at least 3 hours prior to the flight departure time. You will receive boarding passes at the airline counter when you check in for your flight.
UPON ARRIVAL IN JAPAN
Please go through Customs and Immigrations on your own. After you pick up your luggage, exit the baggage claim area and look for the Ritz Tours representative holding an Ritz Tours flag or sign. Please wear your Ritz Tours badge for easy identification.
Airport Transfers Upon Arrival (Land & Air Packages)
Ritz Tours tour guides/airport assistants will wait for arriving tour members outside the airport baggage claim area for up to 90 minutes after the landing time of the tour member's flight before departing from the airport with transportation to the hotel. If for any reason a tour member does not meet the Ritz Tours representative within 90 minutes after the landing time of the tour member's flight, the tour member will be responsible for his or her own transportation from the airport to the hotel, along with all associated expenses.
Airport Transfers (Land Only & Extended Stay Travelers)
Round-trip airport transfers are not included for land only packages. Please arrange your own airport transfer to/from the hotel as listed in your travel documents.
An airport transfer out is not included for those extending their stay in Japan. Please arrange your own airport transfer out from the hotel to the airport. Hotel accommodations are not included when extending your stay. Extended stay travelers are responsible for arranging post-tour accommodations; alternatively, hotel accommodations may be purchased up to 35 days prior to the trip departure date. To purchase hotel accommodations, please log on to your Ritz Tours account.
Upon arrival in Tokyo, a tour guide or representative will provide you with a detailed day-to-day itinerary with transfer schedules for city and optional tours as well as any necessary vouchers required for the trip.
Land Only Travelers - an envelope with the above information will be left at the front desk in the Tokyo hotel.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months from the return date of your trip and have at least 1 blank page
- US Passport holders – No visa required for tourist stays up to 90 days
- Non-US Passport holders – please check with your local Malta consulate for Visa requirements
- It is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain a visa in a timely manner
- For detailed passport and visa requirements, all travelers are advised to check with the related embassy or consulate
**Please refer to Covid Addendum document for more information regarding entry and travel requirements for your trip.
Baggage allowance for international flights may vary by airline and is subject to change at any time. Please refer to the below information for each airline’s baggage policy as of November 1st, 2022. For up to date baggage allowance information, check directly with the airlines.
- Baggage allowance for international flights varies by airlines and is subject to change at any time. For up-to-date baggage allowance restrictions, please check with the appropriate airline for their latest regulations. Additional baggage charges may apply.
- Please keep in mind within Asia the baggage limitation on all flights varies by airline. Generally, the baggage allowance on domestic flights is limited to 1-checked-in of 44 lbs. and 1 carry-on with a combined total dimension not exceeding 45 inches. Please check directly with the corresponding airline to confirm baggage allowance policies.
- Please note, there is no porter service provided throughout your tour. During the tour, please always keep an eye on your personal belongings and valuables. Be aware of your surroundings when going out on your own.
- Baggage is the sole responsibility of the traveler. We recommend using a TSA approved luggage lock and Ritz Tours luggage tags (enclosed) showing the name and contact information of the owner. Baggage without a lock may be refused for transport
- DO NOT pack medicine, valuables, and other personal necessities in checked luggage. Keep these items in your carry-on bag
- Consider packing a change of clothing, a set of undergarments and toiletries in your carry-on bag to avoid inconvenience caused by delays or lost luggage
- Power bank chargers over 20,000 mAh are restricted from carry on and check in luggage
- Power bank mAh capacity must be clearly labelled by the manufacturer on the charger
- Please visit www.tsa.gov for USA carry on restrictions
- No porter service will be provided throughout the tour. During the tour please always keep an eye on your personal belongings and valuables. Be aware of your surroundings when going out on your own.
- Important note: Ritz Tours’ representatives cannot enter the luggage claim area. After you collect your luggage and exit customs, our local Ritz Tours representative will be waiting for you outside with an Ritz Tours flag or sign.
Japanese currency is called Yen. The exchange rate is about 145.36 Yen to 1 US dollar as of November 2022. Most department stores, hotels and restaurants will accept major credit cards such as American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. However it is more convenient to use cash especially if you are planning to shop and eat in smaller shops.
An important note on tipping - please note gratuities are not included in your tour cost. They are customary and their purpose is to encourage and reward quality service. Our guides greatly appreciate any tips you would like to give them. Our recommended tip amount is $10 USD per person per night.
HEALTH & MEDICAL MATTERS
Medical and vaccination requirements vary between countries and it is important you check with your family doctor or a qualified medical professional for the most up to date travel health information for the region you are visiting. Due to the length of the trip, it is advised you consult your doctor for existing medical/dental conditions before departure It is advised to pack any prescription medicine in your carry on hand luggage. Please make sure prescription medicine is fully labelled. It may also be useful to bring aspirin, over-the-counter medicine for the flu, indigestion, motion sickness, etc. In case of illness during the trip, please immediately notify your tour guide for assistance.
Our Itineraries include city tours and these involve a decent amount of walking. Be prepared for many steps, uneven pavement and walking up steep inclines – comfortable walking shoes with grip are strongly recommended.
Leading hotels in big cities within Japan have two outlets of 110 and 220 volts, but their sockets usually accept two-prong plugs only.
The time difference between major cities in North America and Japan is as below:
Los Angeles & San Francisco + 17 hours
New York + 14 hours
Meals are included in Japan as per itinerary. We regret to inform you that Ritz Tours is unable to confirm any special meal requests as it is based on the availability of the restaurants, hotels, and airlines. Please contact the airlines directly to place special meal requests for your flights. Automatic vending machines are more widespread in Japan than anywhere else in the world. The machines operator 24 hours a day at all rest areas, selling soft drinks, cigarettes, cup noodles, as well as pre-paid telephone cards, and usually accept 10, 50, 100, 500 yen coins (some accept 1,000 yen bills also).
Based on two adults sharing one twin bedded room, double occupancy. Generally the rooms in Japan are small, but clean and comfortable.
lthough Ritz Tours’s national guides will be happy to assist you with any shopping requirements, Ritz Tours does not assume responsibility for any items purchased at shops while on tour. You are never required to purchase any items while on tour and thus must be responsible for your own purchases. Any after sales correspondence must be between the passenger and the shop in question.
Optional tours may be added up to 7 days prior to the departure date. Optional tours may also be purchased while on the tour. All on-site optional tour purchases are an additional $10 per person and must be payable in USD cash (credit cards are not accepted for on-site optional tour purchases). Optional tours that have a “pre-book” icon are only available for purchase up to 7 days prior to the departure date and are not available for on-site purchase. Unused services, including optional tours are non-refundable.
CLIMATE & CLOTHING
The weather in Japan is generally mild. Since the nation stretches for over 3,000 km from north to south, the weather is varied depends on where and when you travel.
Mar-May Spring – lightweight jackets & sweaters
Jun-Aug Summer – light clothing, short sleeves
Sep-Nov Autumn – lightweight jackets & sweaters
Dec-Feb Winter – Wool and Warm overcoats, suits, sweaters & jackets.
Please note: shoes need to be removed prior to entering temples in Japan. Since the temples have no heater, during winter time, we recommend you to wear warm socks when visiting temples.
Temperature/Rainy Days in Major Cities, Japan
|Spring (Mar-May)||Summer (Jun-Aug)||Autumn (Sep-Nov)||Winter (Dec-Feb)|
|High||T (F)||T (C)||Rainy
|T (F)||T (C)||Rainy
|T (F)||T (C)||Rainy
|T (F)||T (C)||Rainy
USEFUL JAPANESE PHRASES
|How are you?||Ogenki desu ka?|
|I am fine||Genki desu|
|Thank you very much||Arigatou Gozaimasu|
|Good morning||Ohayo Gozaimasu|
|Good evening||Konban wa|
|That looks delicious||Oishii sou|
|How much?||Ikura desu ka?|
|What is this?||Kore wa nan desu ka?|
|Too expensive||Taka sugimasu|
|How do you do?||Hajimemshite|
|I came from America||Amerika kara kimashita|
JAPAN TRAVEL INFO
For detailed Japan travel guides & maps please visit: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/pdf/
JAPAN EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER
00 81 0 9079 615144
Our experienced staff of Japan specialists take pride in providing you with the very best in service and planning. Thank you for choosing Ritz Tours as your partner in travel. We are confident your trip will be happy and rewarding!