Terms & Conditions
YOUR GUIDED TOUR BOOKING
Travel is personal and each individual’s wishes and experience may differ; Ritz Tours will not be bound by, or liable for any description, photograph, representation or warranty made by or provided by any third party sales representative, Travel Agent, or any other person or entity relating to any guided tour offered by Ritz Tours.
Safety and security is a significant concern to all of us and the global situation is subject to constant change. Events around the world, combined with the “Travel Advisories” issued by various governments, may in some circumstances necessitate changes to the accommodations itineraries or even trip cancellation. You must accept the risks involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties, and accept responsibility for your own travel decisions.
Reservation and Cancellation
Ritz Tours Provisional Payment Policy:
- Deposit: A deposit of only $300 per traveler is required at the time of booking to secure your next trip. Airfare deposits (if applicable) may apply at the time of booking.
- Final Payment Due: The remaining balance payment for your booking is due only 60 days prior to the trip departure.
Ritz Tours Provisional Cancellation & Departure Change Policy:
- Free Changes: Cancel and rebook for a new departure date up to 60 days prior to departure.
- Free Cancellations: Cancel for any reason up to 60+ days prior to departure.
Date of change/cancellation (days prior to departure)
Provisional Cancellation Fee*
Provisional Departure Date Change Fee**
60 + days
45 to 59 days
30 to 44 days
16 to 29 days
10 to 15 days
3 to 9 days
Please note the above change and cancellation policies do not apply to tour RGI (standard terms and conditions apply).
*In addition to any charges levied by the ferries, airlines and/or hotel, the Ritz Tours provisional fees will be assessed per person when you cancel or change the departure date of your existing reservation.
**The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees are valid for requests received after December 17, 2020 for new 2021 reservations booked from December 17, 2020 to June 30, 2021. A written request of cancellation or departure date changes must be received by Ritz Tours. Oral requests will not be accepted.
Provisional Cancellation & Date Change Terms and Conditions:
- These new policies are only valid for new 2021 reservations booked between December 15, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- These new policies cannot be applied retrospectively, as the situation is rapidly evolving every day. Please be aware that many third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines ferries, hotels, attraction admission fees, local guides and restaurants are not providing refunds or cancellation waivers. Airline penalties typically range between $250 per person to fully non-refundable
- All cancellation and departure date change requests must be received in writing by email. Please use our contact form to submit your request.
- We are unable to waive any third-party supplier cancellation fees, such as but not limited to: airlines, ferries and/or service upgrades. We will advise you of any relevant cancellation fees at the time of cancellation.
- Travel insurance premiums cannot be refunded if your booking is cancelled with any penalties. Please refer to our Travel Insurance page for more information.
- The provisional cancellation and departure date change fees listed apply to cancellation and departure date change requests received on/after December 15, 2021 for new 2021 bookings and cannot be applied retrospectively.
- If you have previously selected to re-book with travel credit and would like to request a refund instead of travel credit, a minimum administrative fee of $100 per person will apply.
- Unused credit has no cash value and is non-transferrable to other travelers.
- Ritz Tours reserves the right to modify or cancel the provisional cancellation and departure date change fees at any time.
- In addition to the above, Ritz Tours standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Provisional terms are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Please note that the provisional change and cancellation policies listed above do not apply to tour RGI (standard terms and conditions apply).
Travel and Immigration Restrictions
Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. All customers are requested to check relevant travel advisories to and from the countries to which they are travelling. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there are no entry restrictions at their travel destination. IATA Travel Centre provides a list of travel advisories relating to COVID-19 here. Ritz Tours is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason at any foreign country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Visa and entry requirements may change at any time.
Third-party Suppliers' Penalties and Charges:In addition to the above stated cancellation charges, if tickets or vouchers for airlines, hotels, cruises, trains or any relevant third-party suppliers have already been issued or confirmation of service has been received at the time of cancellation (regardless of number of days prior to departure), the traveler will be wholly liable for any additional airline, hotel, cruise line, train or other relevant third-party supplier’s cancellation penalties and service charges pursuant to suppliers’ rules and regulations.
Single Room Supplement Charge: In the event of cancellation by your travel companion or roommate, you will be responsible for the additional resultant single room supplement charge.
Airline Tickets:Ritz Tours reserves the right to issue airline tickets immediately upon receipt of your tour deposit.
Certain Arrangements: Please be aware that certain arrangements with third-party suppliers cannot be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration may incur a cancellation charge to you of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
TOUR FARE INCLUDES : (All Prices Are In U.S. Dollars On Per Person Basis)
A. Land Only Packages
Travelers that purchase Land Only Packages are responsible for ALL their air segments (unless otherwise specified). Please review the tour itinerary and features carefully, paying special attention to the dates, time, and cities of arrival and departure, and plan your own air itinerary accordingly.
Special airfares from your hometown are available with the purchase of our tour series. Please check our website for up-to-date offers. Offered airfare prices are good only with the concurrent purchase of our tour series. A 60-day advance purchase is required at the offered prices.
Travelers that purchase Land Only Packages are permitted to change to Land & Air Packages 90 days prior to departure without incurring an air surcharge. Travelers who wish to change from a Land Only Package to Land & Air Package within 60 – 89 days prior to departure will incur an air surcharge. Do not purchase any airline tickets until we have confirmed your departure date with you.
Land Only Package travelers are responsible for arrival airport transfer (to hotel) and departure airport transfer (from hotel).
- - Hotel check-in time is 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- - Hotel check-out time is 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- - Hotel check-in and check-out times vary from hotel to hotel
B. Land & Air Packages
For travelers who elect to purchase an Air Package along with the Land Package, a round-trip international economy class air ticket from the gateway city and all intra-tour air tickets (if applicable) are included with the tour as per itinerary (except city packages). Gateway cities are specified in the itineraries.
For departure gateway cities other than specified, please consult your travel agent or Ritz Tours regarding the U.S. domestic add-on airfare.
The air carrier and routing are at the sole discretion of Ritz Tours. Travelers who elect to purchase their own U.S. domestic add-on air tickets to the gateway city do so at their own risk. Ritz Tours reserves the right to book all flights at the lowest available fare and also reserve the right to change all airlines used without prior notice.
All government taxes / fees and fuel surcharges associated with airline tickets are included in the advertised airfare and subject to change at any time during the year. Amounts listed in the brochure are as of the date of printing the brochure. For the most up-to-date prices please check our website.
Advertised airfare does not include any seat assignment fee. To request an advanced seat assignment, travelers are advised to contact the airline and arrange payment (if any) directly with the airline.
Certain destination countries may require aircraft cabin insecticide treatment and are listed on the Department of Transportation website: https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray.
Click here to see our complete “Airfare Policy”.
Hotel accommodations are based on two adults sharing one twin bedded room. Some hotels may have a maximum room occupancy limit. Triple rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and are on request only.
A customer occupying a single room is required to pay a single supplement fee. Single rooms are subject to availability at time of booking.
When the hotel listed in the brochure or website is unavailable, a similar category hotel will be substituted without prior notice.
Itinerary variations:Ritz Tours strives to offer all sightseeing excursions specified in the itinerary, however all final arrangements will be determined by the local tour escort or tour manager. In rare circumstances which may be beyond our control, such as weather conditions, acts of God or other hazardous conditions, we may be forced to vary itineraries or substitute sightseeing excursions. Where possible we will endeavour to notify you or your travel agent of any changes.
Admissions / Entrance Fees:All necessary main entrance fees for the sightseeing excursions will be included as specified in the itinerary.
Tour Manager:The service of a professional tour manager is included as specified in the itinerary (Except: RGI, tours to South America, Asia, Africa), however all city packages, independent packages, extensions, and some destinations will be locally hosted.
TOUR FARE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Round-trip airfare from your hometown (for Land Only Packages) or round-trip airfare from your hometown to the gateway city (for Land & Air Packages); meals not mentioned in the itinerary; insurance premiums; charges arising from deviations; any expenses due to delay or changes of schedule, overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strike, acts of God, acts of terrorism, force majeure, acts of government’s civil disturbances, war, quarantine, customs regulations, epidemics, criminal activity or for any other cause beyond Ritz Tours’ control; any personal charges including but not limited to passport and visa fees, any baggage charges, phone bills, postage, laundry, drinks and beverages; any airline imposed ancillary charges that may change from time to time if any, and may be without prior notice, including but not limited to hand luggage fee, check-in luggage fee, seating assignment fee, Wi-Fi charge, in-flight meals and entertainment expenses.
Unused Tour Features: Any unused tour features either on air transportation or for land arrangements are strictly non refundable, exchangeable or transferable.
Tour Price Guarantee:All prices in our brochure and website are quoted in U.S. dollars and are based on rates and costs in effect at the time of printing the brochure or posting on the website. Your tour price is guaranteed once we have received your full payment. Prior to full payment, it is important to note that there may be price changes due to fluctuations in any of the cost factors, such as exchange rate and government imposed surcharges that you will be responsible for. For the most up-to-date prices please check our website.
Departure Guarantee:Departures are guaranteed with a minimum number of passengers as specified in the itineraries. Should the total number of passengers fall below the required minimum number (10 passengers for China series / South America series / RGE, 15 passengers for Europe series / REJ, or 20 passengers for RIJ), we reserve the right to cancel the tour, change the hotels, or change to locally hosted services.
Guided Tour Participation:Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, who will be responsible for their welfare and supervision. Ritz Tours strives to offer a safe, enjoyable and unforgettable travel experience for all our guests. Ritz Tours welcomes guests with special needs and disabilities. Please note the following:
- Guests must advise Ritz Tours prior to departure of any physical medical or other special needs that require accommodating. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs, but you must notify us at the time of booking for a determination of what assistance we can reasonably provide.
- Guests must ensure they are physically and medically able to travel; the majority of our tours incorporate active elements such as walking to and from buses and vessels, walking long distances, and sightseeing; you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the level of activity that will be involved in your guided tour. Please consult your physician regarding your medical condition and ability to travel long distances.
- Ritz Tours may impose safety requirements. We reserve the absolute right to decline acceptance of anyone we feel is physically or medically unfit to travel. Further we reserve the right to remove you from the guided tour, at your own expense, if your medical or physical condition is such that it poses a threat to the health or safety of you or others, or is otherwise likely to negatively impact the comfort and enjoyment of other guests.
- Ritz Tours, its agents, employees and suppliers do not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids and walking sticks), or services of a personal nature (such as physically lifting or assisting you on to, or off any vehicles, assisting with eating or dressing). If you require additional assistance of a personal nature you must be accompanied by a companion who will be responsible for independently providing the required assistance.
- Conduct During The Tour: You are responsible for following the directions of the Tour Guide and the laws of the countries visited while on Tour. Ritz Tours reserves the right to decline to accept, or retain any person as tour participant, should such person’s health, mental condition, physical infirmity or general deportment impede the operation of the tour or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other tour participants.Should you decide for any reason not to participate in certain parts of the Tour or use certain goods included in the Tour, no refunds will be made for those unused parts of the Tour or goods. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any costs, damages, losses or liabilities arising out of (a) the actions or omissions of any minors traveling with you and (b) if you are signing on behalf of yourself and your traveling companions, your companions’ claims that you were not authorized to agree to this Participant Agreement on their behalf.
Baggage: Ritz Tours assume no liability for loss, delay and/or damage to baggage in transit to or from a Tour or while on Tour. All baggage and personal effects are, at all times and in all obtain baggage insurance. Baggage allowance varies by airline and is subject to change at any time; for up-to-date baggage allowance restrictions please check with the airline for the latest baggage policies prior to departure. Please note that some airlines may impose additional charges for check-in baggage, hand baggage or excess baggage. Baggage allowance on overseas internal flights may vary from baggage allowance on international flights. Please be advised that you are responsible for paying for any checked baggage, hand baggage and/or excess baggage charges. Please ask us if you would like a list of your confirmed carriers for overseas internal flights prior to departure in order to check baggage restrictions. Every passenger is limited to one suitcase and one carry-on bag while on Tour. Additional charges will apply for excess luggage.
Deviation Charge: Any deviation to your itinerary (early departure or late return) is subject to availability. In addition to any airline(s), hotel(s), relevant supplier’s or transfer surcharge(s), you will be charged a fee of US$100 per person for any deviation from the tour.
Change Fee: One change to your itinerary is allowed free of charge after your reservation is confirmed, subject to availability. $50 will be charged per person for each subsequent change. Once documents and/or tickets have been issued, changes are not permitted.
Travel Documents / E-Tickets:In general, all travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days prior to departure via 2nd day priority. Overnight delivery can be arranged at an additional cost. If we obtained an entry visa for you, the passport will be sent with the travel documents.
Late Booking: Bookings made less than 60 days prior to the departure are subject to availability and a surcharge of $50 per person. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Charge for Children: For children 11 years old and under at time of travel
- International Airfare: 90% (China programs only) or same as the regular adult airfare
- Land Only Package Price: If the child shares the same room with two adults and does not require an extra bed, the cost is 90% (RSA) or 80% (China/Europe/Africa/Asia/RGE/REJ) of the regular adult price. If the child shares the same room with one adult, or with two adults but requires an extra bed, the cost is 90% (China/Asia/RGE/REJ), or 100% (Europe, India and Middle East) of the regular adult price. For RAK, one child shares room with one adult, the cost is 80% of adult fare.
- Exception: RSZ, RAF, RIJ, REJ, RGE (No child fares are available).
- Children 12 years old and older at time of travel will be charged the regular adult price
Shopping: Ritz Tours’ tour managers and representatives are happy to assist you with any shopping requirements while on tour. Ritz Tours does not take any responsibility for any items purchased at shops on the tour. You are strongly advised to observe U.S. customs restrictions when bringing home any goods from tour (for more information please visit https://www.cbp.gov/).
Errors and Omissions: Although Ritz Tours makes a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, we are not responsible for any typographical or printing errors, omissions or unintentional misrepresentations made in this brochure or on the website.